Login / Quote Area
0 items in your quote basket
+44 1622 753662
The VITA PLUS is a very powerful Dante network audio interface, in a traditional desktop style. It has a mic/line input and headphone monitoring connection for a single user, and contains two 4 wire circuits. One of these is typically used as an on air channel, and the other as a talkback channel.
The high quality microphone input, with the Glensound Referee compressor, makes the Vita Plus suitable for on air commentary use, perfect for a small OB or in an off-tube booth .
The flexibility of the talk button configurations, means that the Vita Plus can also be used as a talkback unit as part of a Dante network.
The Vita Plus can connect to any Dante network, or to other audio equipment via Glensound’s own Dante interface units.
Two Four Wire Circuits
The VITA PLUS has two 4 wire circuits. These are typically used as main programme on air, with a separate talkback circuit. The push buttons for each circuit are configurable and can operate in different modes, to allow configuration for different types of uses:
- Latching on/off
- Momentary push to talk (PTT)
-Intelligent mode where a short tap is latching, but a longer hold becomes momentary
- Always on and mutes when pressed (cough)
- Pressing one button, mutes the other circuit (talkback)
There are 6.35mm and 3.5mm jack sockets for headphone monitoring on both the front & rear of the unit. Each of the two 4 wire inputs can be selected to be in the left ear, right ear, or both ears of the headphones, depending on the users preference. The level of each input can also be independently selected.
The headphone amplifier is intelligent and capable of driving correct levels into low or high impedance headphones and capable of connecting directly to both stereo or mono headphones and earpieces.
The headphone monitor also includes sidetone (at a programmable level) - sidetone is the commentator’s own voice.
The Vita Plus is a single user unit, with one high quality input. The input is mic/mic+48v/line switchable, on a 3 pin XLR, with a variable gain control. As the Vita Plus can be used for on air broadcast, Glensound’s Referee compressor limiter is used to control the audio levels and prevent any clipping. The Referee compressor has been developed over many years of working with sports commentators, and provides a gently increasing compression as the input signal approaches clipping. In normal use the compressor is not active as it only starts working as clipping approaches, so normal dynamic range is maintained.
Network Audio Link
The VITA PLUS is Dante network audio compatible. The network connection is via a single Neutrik XLR RJ45. This link carries:
- 2 audio inputs
- 2 audio outputs
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Vita has two power sources. It can be connected to a PoE network switch or PoE midspan power supply. There is also an internal wide range switch mode power supply.
There is a simple to use 4 segment PPM meter on the VITA Plus’s front panel.
The meter indicates the outgoing level in dBs and provides indication of the level in 6dB steps from -12 to +6.
The sophisticated modern looking Windows 10 App allows full remote control of all the features of the Vita Plus.
The App connects to the Vita Plus via the same network as the Dante audio circuits.
One App can connect to multiple Vita Plus' and multiple Apps running on different PCs can connect to a single Vita Plus.
Controls on the App include:
Updating the microprocessor firmware
Vita Plus firmware is currently on version V188.8.131.52 (release date 08/06/2018), to check your current firmware version open Vita Controller and select the '?' next to the device name on the top of the application graphic.
The firmware is the code that runs internally in the Vita Plus and provides the structure for the microcontroller. The firmware can be updated without the need to return the unit to Glensound.
How To Update The Firmware:
1) Get the new firmware from Glensound’s web site:
A) Using your browser download the dfu from the following location: http://www.glensound.co.uk/Software/Dante/Vita184.108.40.206.dfu
Make sure you know where your browser has downloaded and saved the file to as you’ll need it in a minute.
Note: There is not actually a web page at this location, so you may see page not found on your screen, but your browser should find and download the file.
2) Install on a pc a program called Dfuse. This is a program that is supplied by ST Microelectronics who are the manufacturer of the intelligent microprocessor that we us in the Inferno. Just googling Dfuse should provide the link to ST Microelectronics Dfuse download page. The programme to download is 'DFUSE DEMO'. Follow the download instructions to download and install Dfuse on your PC.
3) Connect the USB port on the rear of the Vita Plus that you want to update to a USB port on your PC.
4) Press and hold the recessed ‘UPDATE’ button. While pressing the ‘UPDATE’ button press and release the recessed ‘RESET’ button (you’ll need a pencil or pointed object to push these recessed buttons (I normally use a straightened out paper clip). Do not press too hard, as they only move a small amount).
5) If this is the first time you have connected the Vita Plus to the PC then windows will load drivers for it.
6) Open the Dfuse software and in the top drop down list select the device shown (there should only be device available called something like ‘STM device in DFU Mode’
7) Under ‘Upgrade or Verify Action’ box at the bottom right area of the Dfuse software use the ‘choose’ button to locate the downloaded .dfu file.
8) Tick the ‘Verify after download’ box
9) Use the ‘update’ button (next to the choose button) in the Dfuse software to start the update.
10) Wait for the update to be completed.
11) Press the recessed ‘RESET’ button…..the new firmware will now be loaded.
MIC INPUT GAIN RANGE
-18dBu to +12dBu
DYNAMIC MIC LINE UP
MIC + PHANTOM POWERT LINE UP
LINE INPUT LINE UP
0dBu (Gain range +/-15dB)
EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE
124dBu (22-22KHz RMS gain @ max) Input terminated with 300 Ohms
FREQUENCY REPONSE (Mic-Line)
MIC: >+/-0.25dB 50Hz to 22kHz (-2dB @ 25Hz)
Line: >-0.1dB 22Hz to 22kHz
48 Volt Phantom power
MAXIMUM INPUT BEFORE CLIPPING
Dynamic MIC: -2dBu
Mic + 48V Phantom: +12dBu
THD+NOISE (Ref +8dBu)
100Hz = 0.016%
1kHz = 0.012%
10kHz = 0.011%
4 x LEDS (–12,-6,0,+6 dBu with reference to prog out)
32 - 1000 Ohms
Auto output level to match impedance
MAXIMUM HEADPHONE OUTPUT LEVEL
+15.8dB into 600 Ohms
HEADPHONE FREQUENCY RESPONSE
>-0.1dB 22Hz to 22kHz
-74dB @ lineup (residual noise)
HEADPHONE THD + NOISE (Ref +8dBu)
0.008% @ 1kHz
HEADPHONE VOLUME POT RANGE
Default: +10dB to Off
Optional configuration via App: +10dB to -20dB
DANTE NETWORK AUDIO CONNECTION
Resolution: 24 bit
CAT5 on an RJ45 connection. Two send channels and two receive channels.
REMOTE CONTROL APPLICATION
Windows 10 direct install application (Not downloaded from app store)
PoE on CAT5 connection
Internal mains supply: 100 - 240VAC (+/-10%) 47 - 63Hz
Maximum consumption 7 Watts
41 x 214 x 172 mm (H x W x D)
All aluminium construction, anodised and laser etched panels, Nylon dipped sides
Handbook A5 (Download also available)
2 metre RJ45 cable
Mains cable (UK & Europe only)
The Design Buildings, 6 Brooks Place, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HE, UK.
Tel UK : 01622 753662 | Tel international : +44 1622 753662 | Email : email@example.com